15 Best Email Marketing Statistics to shape your strategy in 2019: A comparative study
Before the start of a new campaign, a marketing team has to find out how they have fared with the previous campaigning efforts. In order to build a better strategy and avoid past errors a comparative study and knowing statistics that work is an essential exercise. Each sector has a standard measure to find out how well email strategies have worked with different benchmarks in various sectors. Recognize the parameters which could possibly work for you and the next promotion for better results.
Tactically, email marketing statistics matter across sectors and assorted platforms. We have compiled 15 different marketing figures that you should consider to make an impact with the subscribers.
Right comparisons hold the key
Diverse comparisons are made on the basis of subscriber engagement, clicks, leads and eventually the conversions. Parameters also involve the distribution of content, people who unsubscribe from emails, attending to complaints and pain points.
The following analysis has been broken down into three divisions of five statistics each for you to construct a reasonable structure to market the product portfolio. Although these are not standard measures, they can be used as benchmarks to assist in shaping the next strategy.
- Evaluations with ratings for email marketing
- B2B Statistics for expanding customer base
- Research figures across industries
A measure of success is not accepted merely by the number of leads or conversions that a campaign generates. In the long run, this works only for a single promotion. To get sustained results, you will need to rely on the latest statistics to obtain insights. Previous data and fresh records offer a wealth of information to plan unique strategies. This subsequently shapes the next promotion with new marketing trends that appear periodically.
Start with the division of measurements through these 4 parameters.
|Engagement rate||Business type||Breakdown of market share||Mobile or Desktop|
|Open rate||Small or medium||The open rate on faster loading|
|Click through rate||Large enterprise||Abandonment of sites that load slowly|
|Difference via email type||e-commerce|
There is a constant thrust on personalization of emails. Yes, it has been proven time and again. Statistics reveal that still, 38% of companies are not tapping this potential to get mileage from email marketing. Personalization does not mean that you send birthday greetings in the inbox. Only 7% of consumers will respond to such communications. A retailer addressing the subscriber by name will get about 8% responses to marketing content.
So, what is personalization and how can it be tapped? The communication has to be relevant to the recipient of the newsletter/ request/ information. Nearly 51% of marketers find through experience that segmentation is better when it comes to personalization. But then the truth is that 42% of marketers do not send targeted emails (pure360) by dividing lists into segments.
Does this give you food for thought?
The future for email marketing beyond 2019 lies in adopting automation, AI and machine learning to drive engagement. Your strategy should also keep an eye on email design for simple navigation.
Focus on industry-wise marketing figures
There is plenty of competition when it comes to B2B marketing. Numerous studies also appear in the market. But which should one rely on to make the next campaign successful? The most common figures (HubSpot) that come out of most surveys, research and responses are mentioned below. They have appeared to re-shape strategies for subsequent marketing activities. When the management asks you to prove the ROI the following figures (campaign monitor) will make your case stronger.
- 46% of respondents open official emails on their smartphones
- 59% of professionals feel marketing emails influence their decisions
- Nearly 82% of B2B marketers believe in releasing e-newsletters to keep people update
- For content marketing to succeed, 40% of digital marketing professionals rely on newsletters
- At least 59% of marketers feel email is important for increasing ROI
- Segmented campaigns get a 760% increase in revenues
- 35% of Business executives prefer using mobile devices to check
- In the USA, 29% of openings on the online platform are done on the Apple iPhone. About 27% use Gmail to read content
- About 73% of young adults choose to conduct business communications via emails
- 80% of B2B executives feel emails retain customers
In a study done by litmus.com, it has been revealed that mobile accounts for nearly 46% of email opens. Many brands also have started to use emoji in the subject line to entice people to open the messages in the inbox.
Research figures spell out the details
Nearly 1000 emails were analyzed by (Aweber) AWeber. They chose 100 expert marketing gurus who sent content via inbox to their customers. One interesting thing of notice was that subject lines of 60 characters or less were opened quickly.
Shorter subject lines also fit into the delivery, visibility, and readability of the email service provider. Lengthy lines are not visible nor get traction from the recipients. Since it is already clear that most people prefer to check emails on their mobile devices, they prefer shorter versions and lesser subject lines to read.
Why should you make a note of the new statistics that emerge from B2B marketing surveys? To increase your sales collateral, they will make the new campaign more result-oriented. Different digital channels will continue to be used as the business audience is exclusive for every sector.
As a marketer knows which channels will work for your business and industry. The key metrics remain the same as discussed earlier in the blog. You will need key macro statistics for professional email marketing (impactbnd). Local marketing matters as much as in other territories. The key results that will reflect on any new campaign can be structured by:
- How many of your customers are on social media and can they be contacted through particular channels. Or can you learn more about their behavior, needs and other interests to tap them for business networking?
- What content are the consumers checking every 5 minutes on the smartphones? Is it related to business or personal messages? Distribute the content accordingly.
- Only if you represent a global brand some channels can be effective. If your brand sells locally more than the choice of the channel will also change.
- Research also shows that infographics reduce the bounce rates of emails. Did you know that nearly 36% of desktop searches are done for the first time? Consider the statistic for the new product launch.
- The right keywords matter for optimization. Using the right channels help to even reduce the budget of the marketing exercise.
Most B2B companies now maintain a blog and this should perk up the ears! You can get a load of information and research points to think about. If you are using blogs, ensure that the content is unique enough for others to read and respond to. Considering that there are more than 3 million posts being written daily, the challenge is really huge to keep people engaged.
The above information on statistics offers a wealth of information provided you segment them correctly. Use them to generate desirable leads and conversions.
Email marketing statistics matter across sectors and assorted platforms. See 15 different marketing figures to make an impact with the subscribers.
100 expert marketing gurus sent content via inbox to their customers. Subject lines of 60 characters or less were opened quickly. There are more insights here.